Other names for ecstasy
MDMA, tabs, E, X, XTC, molly.
What is ecstasy?
What ecstasy is:
- Ecstasy is one of the drugs that pep you up.
- It is manufactured in laboratories.
- You take it in the form of a tablet or capsule, or as a powder dissolved in a drink.
Effects of ecstasy
- Ecstasy has a dual effect.
- The stimulating effect makes you energetic, clear-headed and alert.
- The consciousness-altering effect makes you feel relaxed and carefree.
- If you take ecstasy frequently or in large doses, only the speedy effect remains; you may get agitated and aggressive.
- Ecstasy makes your heart beat faster and it raises your blood pressure and body temperature.
- Some people get a stiff feeling in their jaws and a dry mouth and throat.
- It takes about one-half to one hour to feel the effects of a tab of ecstasy. They wear off in 4 to 6 hours.
Risks of ecstasy
What are the risks of ecstasy?
- Knowledge about ecstasy is not yet complete.
- Your body can get overheated, especially if you dance a long time in a hot environment.
- You can avoid getting overheated by drinking enough water (two glasses an hour).
- Ecstasy may damage certain nerve cells and lead to memory disturbances.
- It can make you grind your teeth.
- Ecstasy is manufactured illegally. Youâ€™re never quite sure what chemicals theyâ€™ve put in your pills. You can get your ecstasy tablets and other drugs tested in Dutch cities. Go to drugs-test.nl and click on “Waar kan ik drugs laten testen” to find the drug-testing centres.
- After ecstasy wears off, you may feel worn out and exhausted. Driving and cycling could be dangerous.
- An ecstasy hangover can last several days.
- You can get psychologically addicted to ecstasy. Nightlife is no fun anymore without ecstasy.
The following test will help you discover whether you are taking too many risks.Â Once youâ€™ve answered the questions, youâ€™ll receive the test results, with information about your score. Depending on your score, weâ€™ll make certain recommendations.