Stop or cut down drinking
Want to stop or cut down on drinking?
Treatment at Jellinek is no more strenuous than necessary. We keep it as accessible as possible, but we offer intensive treatment if necessary. We often have no waiting lists, or short ones for certain specialised treatments. To an extent you can determine the course and setting of the treatment yourself.
To get your addiction under control, cognitive behavioural therapy is often a good approach. We can provide it in individual or group sessions or both. If necessary, these can also be combined with medical treatment. If you want to stop completely and would like to do so with the support of other people that are in the same situation, then the 12-step Minnesota treatment model may be right for you. It emphasises empathy and solidarity with others.
|Cognitive-behavioural therapy||Minnesota model|
Jellinek gives you hope of a different life, a life without addictive substances or gambling. Take your first step today and contact Jellinek. We have treatment centres in Amsterdam, Amersfoort, Utrecht and Hilversum.
Symptoms of alcohol dependency
- Poor functioning at work or in private life.
- Health problems.
- Feeling lonely and isolating yourself.
- Failing to keep commitments.
- Hiding drink.
- Telling lies and making excuses.
- Financial problems.
Advantages of stopping or cutting down on drinking
- A clearer head, a more active life, less procrastination.
- Better performance at work, school or home.
- Better health and physical condition, healthier weight.
- Lower risk of heart disease, cancer, impotence and dementia.
- Sleeping better.
- Less depression and anxiety.
- More money to spend, fewer debts.
Want to stop by yourself?
Do our online self-help course for alcohol (Dutch).
Versie: april 2021