Stop or cut down on cocaine
Treatment at Jellinek is no more strenuous than necessary. We keep it as low-level as possible, but we offer intensive treatment if you need it. We have no waiting lists, or only short ones for certain specialised treatments. To some extent you can determine the course and setting of the treatment yourself.
To get your addiction under control, cognitive-behavioural therapy is often a good approach. We can provide it in individual or group sessions or in combination. If necessary, these can also be combined with medical treatment. If you want to stop completely and would like to do so with the support of other people who are achieving the same thing, then the 12-step Minnesota treatment model may be right for you. It emphasises empathy and solidarity with others.
|Cognitive-behavioural therapy||Minnesota model|
Jellinek gives you hope of a different life, a life without addictive substances or gambling. Take your first step today and contact Jellinek. We have treatment centres in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Almere, Amstelveen and Hilversum.
Symptoms of cocaine dependency
Sniffing or smoking cocaine to get rid of negative feelings or fatigue brings no more than short-term relief. The problems return full-force, and you crave for more and more coke. Heavy use of cocaine can result in:
- problems with health, relationships, work and finances
- restlessness, risk-taking, failing to keep commitments
- inability to do without cocaine, needing coke for your daily functioning
- telling lies and making up excuses
- mounting personal problems
- exhaustion and gloom
Advantages of stopping or cutting down on cocaïne
- more energy, a more active life, less procrastination
- better health and physical condition; better appetite
- more resistance to illness and fewer health risks like heart disease and brain damage
- less depression and anxiety
- more money to spend, fewer debts
- better performance at work, school or home
- better relationships and contacts with family and friends
Want to stop by yourself?
Do our online self-help course for cocaïne (Dutch).