Stop or cut back on smoking
Want to stop or cut back on smoking?
Treatment at Jellinek is no more strenuous than necessary. We keep it as low-level as possible, but we offer intensive treatment if you need it. We have no waiting lists, or only short ones for certain specialised treatments. To an extent you can determine the course and setting of the treatment yourself.
To get your addiction under control, cognitive-behavioural therapy is often a good approach. We can provide it in individual or group sessions or in combination. If necessary, these can also be combined with medical treatment. If you want to stop completely and would like to do so with the support of other people who are achieving the same thing, then the 12-step Minnesota treatment model may be right for you. It emphasises empathy and solidarity with others.
- The most empirically validated addiction treatment
- Emphasis on behavioural change
- Outpatient and more intensive day-patient and inpatient options
- Abstinence or limited drinking
- Day and evening sessions
- Full or partial online treatment
- Supplementary therapy available for mental health problems
- Most widely used treatment approach
- Emphasis on on mutual empathy and commitment
- Intensive therapy in day-patient or inpatient form
- Full abstinence
- Separate groups for men and women
- Cooperation with the Safe House recovery programme
- Recovery continues in self-help groups
Jellinek gives you hope of a different life, a life without addictive substances or gambling. Take your first step today and contact Jellinek. We have treatment centres in Amsterdam, Amstelveen and Hilversum.
Symptoms of tobacco dependency
- bad breath and unhealthy teeth
- unhealthy, ugly skin
- breathing problems or chronic cough
- high blood pressure
- you need more and more nicotine to feel the effects
- restlessness and withdrawal symptoms when you canâ€™t smoke
Advantages of stopping smoking
- improved physical condition
- your skin looks better and you taste and smell things better
- improved memory
- more resistance to illness and better health, including your respiratory system
- reduced health risks (such as lung disease, heart problems or cancer)
- more money to spend
- positive reactions from people around you
Want to stop by yourself?
Do ourÂ online self-help courseÂ for smoking cessation (Dutch).